Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thai Stir-Fried Chicken in Basil

I saw this recipe from Maeve O'Maera's Food Safari. I just love that program! Anyway, I thought this dish was very Thai in its selection of ingredients, yet quite easy to do - without compromising flavor of course!

I think this dish is one of the easiest and most versatile in Thai cooking. You can substitute any meat, even some seafood. And stir-frying ensures the veggies remain crisp!

You can find the orginal recipe here on the Food Safari page. I modifed it by adding two slices ginger. Instead of just soy sauce, I used a combination of soy sauce and oyster sauce. Also, I mixed the sauce ingredients beforehand on a bowl and tasted it before adding it to the stir-fry. this way, I did not have to make adjustments while cooking.

Also, I served it with regular fried egg, instead of the very oily puffed fried egg.

No comments: